Our Kindergarten's Philosophy
“We will work as a team with families and the wider community to provide a welcoming, safe and stimulating environment and a quality learning curriculum in which every child and family is respected and valued.”
Professionalism, Sustainability, Respect, Honesty and Integrity
We believe that:
Children learn best through play
- Play is an essential aspect of learning for young children and planning for play is central to the development of a curriculum that integrates all areas of a child’s development.
- Play-based learning: A context for learning through which children organise and make sense of their social worlds, as they engage actively with people, objects and representations. (EYLF – page 46)
- We provide a quality learning curriculum based on the Early Years Learning Framework and Our Time Our Place to support and encourage children to develop dispositions for lifelong learning.
- Learning dispositions include – Curiosity, confidence, communication, resourcefulness, cooperative, purposeful, enthusiasm, imagination, creativity, playfulness, commitment and persistence.
Each child is important and has individual needs and rights.
- We focus on the development of each individual child, encouraging the growth of skills and feelings of independence, interdependence and competence
- We provide a happy, safe and secure environment that will support children to develop into knowledgeable and confident learners
Warm, caring relationships with others are essential for children’s development and wellbeing
- Children learn to relate to others with care, empathy and respect
That families are the child’s first educator
- When working together we can help each child develop to their full potential
Everyone is a lifelong learner
- As educators we are committed to extending our knowledge of early childhood education through professional learning opportunities
In a sustainable future
- We have an ongoing commitment to the children, families, centre, community and the environment.
Our centre is a rich and creative environment where children have the time and space to Play, Learn, Grow and Have Fun